2010年1月22日 星期五

Teenage crush


UTADA
Waiting outside the Showbox in Seattle.
Some other people in the line. It's kind of interesting to see who they are. I did drawings of those who didn't have the back of their heads facing me.
Empty stage before the show. I got a pretty good spot.


While performing her classic First Love.
*edit 100126: a photo from the show is added. Photohunt! lol


I drove down to Seattle last night to see my teenage crush Utada Hikaru. I've had a crush on her since almost 10 years ago and finally seeing her in person was just surreal, it still hasn't quite sunk in yet. She was literally about 15 feet away from me, and yet for some reason she felt very distant and everything felt very unreal.
Meanwhile, I felt like I've completed something very important. The three-hour drives to and from Seattle made the whole experience feel even more ritualistic than it already is. The reportage drawings were part of it, too - the act of making these drawings solidified the experience and made it in a way more "real". This crush on a person I've never met before made me a fantasizer, or maybe more likely it was the other way around. Either way, now my teenage crush can finally go to sleep now. Closure. mmm. zzzzz.

沒有留言: