2009年4月3日 星期五

album artwork



Spent most of the day listening to Norah Jones and working on this album cover art for my friend. Not so satisfied with the way the face turned out 'cause I know I can make a prettier girl out of her, and probably could've used better execution especially with the headphone, but oh well I don't feel like redrawing it. Even though I didn't get paid, this turned out to be a fun thing to have worked on. It got me thinking about drawing figuratively vs. abstractly, about translating music into graphics, and about branding - representing somebody else's personality. For this particular project I only needed to do the front and back cover, but making artwork for a musician could involve a whole campaign - websites, posters, the artwork in the booklet that comes with the CD, and even the artist's appearance. After working on these two pieces it occurred to me that it would be a great idea to re-design campaigns for some of my favorite albums in my own way and with my own interpretation of the music. I'd get a chance to improve and show off my understanding and appreciation for music, too.

1 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

Good, very good style!