2009年4月6日 星期一

The Black Album



Had a good day in the studio yesterday as I was able to work on my comics and took some time to work on a couple of side projects during the breaks. Here are a couple of selected drawings I made for Metallica's The Black Album while I listened to it.
What I love so much about Metallica and heavy metal music from that time period is that these artists are so musically savvy and have extremely solid fundamentals and backgrounds in classical music, their techniques are impeccable, and all the while sounding so heavy and with so much attitude. What they do with rhythm, structure, and dynamics remind me a lot of Jackson Pollock's paintings, so you'll find it evident in the first drawing.
Lots of room to explore further with this project, so sleep with one eye open and watch out for more to come.

沒有留言: