2011年6月16日 星期四

Boston Bruins Vs. Vancouver Canucks Game 7

After the success of the winter Olympics last year (click here for past blog entry), once again the excitement generated by the game of hockey returns to Vancouver with the Canucks reaching the Stanley Cup Finals. The series went into a deciding Game 7, which took place at the Rogers Arena in Vancouver on June 15th, 2011.
After a long day at work, I decided to drag my feet to downtown Vancouver for a stroll to get a dose of the hype, and made some drawings while doing so.


Just pulling out my pad and pencil and getting warmed up here.


This guy made a 7 feet tall Stanley Cup out of tin foil so he could stick his head and arms out of the holes and take pictures with people. I caught him on his cigarette break.

People watching live broadcast at the corner of Georgia and Hamilton in front of the CBC Radio building. The big dome you see in this drawing is the central branch of the Vancouver Public Library - my favouritest building in Vancouver.

Here's a slightly different view one block over.


From where they were standing the big TV screen was the size of a dot, so it was understandable that they mistook a Bruins goal for a Canucks goal.
 Yup, this guy showed up, too.


Feeling the vibe on Robson Street.

Before I headed downtown, a wise friend warned me of the possibility of a riot, so I took off at the second intermission. That, plus I was tired as a dog. I guess now that I found out there actually was a riot I sort of regret not staying a bit longer to get to see / draw it, but at the same time I feel fortunate that I got out of there early. Do you think I should've stayed for the riot?




*Edit: After finding out more about that riot, damn I'm glad I got out of there early. It is a shame that the actions of a relatively few douchebags have tainted the reputation of a beautiful city full of nice people.

沒有留言: